Thursday, October 23, 2014

Warrioress.







When I flew to Sydney for the Samantha Wills and Mount Franklin event for the McGrath foundation I had no idea how moved I would be from the evening.

I am lucky enough at the moment to not know anyone close to me with breast cancer, but it's all around us and it could attack myself or my loved ones at any moment.

I feel honoured to wear this tee, and to support this cause because the more we talk about breast cancer, the more awareness we create.

I will be honest and admit that I hate talking about cancer. I lost my aunty to a brain tumor well before her time.  She was the love of my life and I still get heartache every day at the thought of her, her pain, what she went through and how much I miss her.

This event and this cause made me feel very empowered. To break through these selfish fears and stand here in this top PROUD to talk about breast cancer.

Check your breasts. Tell your mum, sisters, and friends to do the same. Take the time to educate yourself on breast cancer. Think pink and buy products that support the McGrath foundation. AND if you know someone who is going through treatment for breast cancer talk to them, show you care.

You too can wear this top and show your support available at http://www.samanthawills.com//mountfranklin $30 from your purchase will go to the McGrath foundation.

Photos by Celine Pearse. 
Let's unite.

No comments: